Saturday, April 25, 2015

V is for Valued

V is for VALUED

Parents...make sure your kids know how valued they are...Valued in God's eye's!

It never ceases to amaze me how I can suggest something to my teenager like, "Oh, you look great!" When the same thing is said to her by someone else, a teacher, an adult friend, another mom... she believes them. I'm like, "Didn't I just say the same thing?!" I get a response of, "Oh mom, you have to say that, you're my mom." I shake my head, but am glad that she gets the message. It sinks in that she is pretty, a valued member of our family and she matters.

What I don't understand is this, when some kid at school, makes a mean comment, she also believes that too. Kids can be so mean. When through those middle school and even high school years, kids are so busy trying to fit in or not stand out in a way that brings them negative attention that they point the finger at someone else to try to get the attention off themselves. This can be really hurtful, but If you know how God feels about you, you know what is the truth and you don't have to accept or believe what is not true.

Here are some truths that every child should know:

  • I have been chosen of God, and I am holy and beloved, Colossians 3:12. 
  • As a child of God, I am a fellow heir with Christ. Romans 8:17, 
  • I am far from oppression, and fear does not come near me, Isaiah 54:14
  • I am His elect, full of mercy, kindness, humility, and long suffering Romans 8:33; Colossians 3:12, 
  • I am firmly rooted, built up, established in my faith and overflowing with gratitude, Colossians 2:7. 
  • I am greatly loved by God, Romans 1:7Ephesians 2:4Colossians 3:121 Thessalonians 1:4.
So parents, make sure your child knows who they are in Christ and they will be strong in knowing how they are valued!

Encourage Someone Today!

No comments:

Post a Comment