Friday, April 24, 2015

U is for - Know Who YOU are!

Okay, so I am stretching it here just a bit with the title, but this is something that I feel really strong about so here goes! Something that my husband has always told my daughter that holds much truth is "Know who you are." Knowing who you are is something that will help keep you out of trouble, or help you to make the better choice than following the crowd.

At our house, we serve the Lord, which means we have certain things that we live by, we attend church on Sunday. Again no discussion needed. I was raised this way, and as I had a child we are raising her to believe also."Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it" Proverbs 22:6

When some one asks you to do something that you know is wrong that isn't to the standards that you've set for yourself...it just isn't something that is who you are, it is easier to say no. When you are unsure of what to say when you are faced with a decision that is questionable, ask yourself, "Is that who I am?" If you find that the answer is way out of your comfort zone, well, then I think you have your answer. When you are grounded in knowing who God made you to be, there is comfort in being that person. You have the knowledge that your God is there giving you the strength, perseverance and ability to be that person. If you are not sure who you are, then ask Him. He will tell you how wonderfully he made you to be complete with the standards for who you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment