Thursday, April 23, 2015

T is for - Troubled Teens

How do you help a troubled teen? I ask you this question because that is the question that is at the heart of Encourage Me Kids. What can I do to make a difference in a kids life?

It is hard to be a teen today. I can't hardly believe some of the tragic things that I have seen some teens in our area do like cutting themselves, in trouble with drugs, an endless line of boy friends/girl friends relationships -- one right after another.

I sometimes think back to my own teen years. Remembering what it was like when I was in high school in the 1980's. (Can it really be that long ago?) If only we could have the wisdom that you have in your 40's when you are a teen, maybe I wouldn't have made some of the not so great choices that I did. But is that really it? I always have strived to be a good kid. I went to church and tried to do what was right. Yet, it wasn't enough.

If I believe that God's Word is the truth. "So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ." Romans 10:17. Then how do you help kids to hear the good words of hope and restoration, freedom and love? By seeing these truths, feeding on them, remembering them--they eventually accept them and put them in hearts. The Word becomes part of them. along with encouragement from parents, teachers and other adults maybe, just maybe, teens will make a different choice. A better choice and become the individuals that God so wonderfully and fearfully made them to be. "For I know the plans I have for you. Plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11.

So I ask you again, what can you do to make a difference in a kids life?

Encourage Someone Today!

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Tracy--kids need our encouragement more than ever these days!

    ReplyDelete