Thursday, April 9, 2015

H is for - Do not let you HEART be troubled

 H is for - Do not let you HEART be troubled.

Well, if you are thinking easier said than done then join the club. Turning off your mind to a problem that is staring you in the face is not an option when the problem is so big it is consuming your every waking thought (and even the sleeping ones). We've all been there. In fact, if you are not in a problem currently you are probably just getting over one or about to get a new one.It's called life, and life is full of problems. 

Concerning the heart there is definitely more than meets the eye...because we've all 
put your heart into something, had one's heart is in the right place, had one's heart set against it, out of the goodness of my heart, given my heart away. Even David was a man after God's own heart. Clearly, the heart is something more. One might ever say your life flows from it (the Bible does).

So why would Jesus say in John 14:1, "Do not let your heart be troubled?" To me, trouble in this case means the emotions that are in your mind mess up your heart. What you think determines how you will be. So if your thinking is part of the problem. Quit looking at the problem five different ways. Stop focusing on the problem. Say, "Here God, I give you this problem." Put your focus on Him. God is bigger than your problem. Don't limit God in your thinking. He's not limited by people or circumstances. I would consider this good advice to not let your heart be troubled, worried or stressed out. Consider this... Your reaction to the problem is what determines your stress level and your trust in God.

"My child, pay attention to what I say. Listen carefully to my words. Don't lose sight of them. Let them penetrate deep into your heart, for they bring life to those who find them, and healing to their whole body. Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life." Proverbs 4:20-23. I used to worry to the point of making myself physically ill about money. It's not until I filled my heart up with reading the Word, and started to obey the principles there in that I can honestly say, I don't worry about money any more. I guard my heart with prayer and in turn God helps me to not be troubled.

Encourage Someone Today!

2 comments:

  1. love these scriptures. Very nice theme you have going on here for the a-z. I'm visiting from the challenge. I love finding other believers in the blogoshpere! I think women who love God and write about that now and then can change the world! Come visit me, if you'd like:
    http://adventuresintheballpark.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete